Saturday, October 31, 2009
Friday, October 30, 2009
After snapping together these bones into functional skeletons, I added the physical features of the characters. For the head I balled up some tin foil to shape the basic form. I then coated the tin foil in plasticine clay. For the hands I used thin wire for the fingers, and then coated with clay.
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Here are some images from my first stop-motion animation short "The Pile" in progress. I made the armatures from these great snappable plastic bones that I found at Scrap in San Francisco. The ball and socket joints worked perfectly for posing the figures.